© 2005-10 Megan Reitenour Racing
- Megan-Honored at Women In the Winners Circle Event and participates in Jeff Gordon's foundation bowling tournament.
- Reitenour Test's with ARCA Powerhouse, Venturini Motorsports.
- Reitenour Returns To Super Cup Series in Support of A&G Coal Corporation.
Happy are those that dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.."
Leon J. "Suenes
- Megan was invited to attend the seventh annual Women in The Winner's Circle Luncheon at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Indiana and the eighth annual Jeff Gordon Foundation Celebrity Bowling Tournament at the Western Bowl in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Co-hosting at the Women in the Winner's Circle Event with St. James, was ESPN sports broadcaster Jamie Little. The day started with a driver's meeting where the agenda was reviewed and the women rehearsed their entrances for the "walk of champions". The drivers where then released for a short period of time for the VIP Reception and to mingle with their guests, distinguished visitors and top executives from some of America's leading companies. The "walk of champions" then took place. Following the VIP Reception, each driver was introduced with a list of their career highlights and accomplishments. Reitenour was honored for her participation in the Project Podium and for earning a position in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Program.
Following the "walk of champions" various awards were given, including the Mildred Marcum Pioneer Award, The Leadership Award and The Kara Hendrick Award.
Following the Women in the Winner's Circle festivities, Reitenour was invited to be a participant in the Jeff Gordon Foundation Celebrity Bowling Tournament. This event was by invitation only and every dollar raised from the bowling tournament will be invested in the critical, lifesaving pediatric research being conducted at Riley's Hospital.Team members bowled three games, each with a different celebrity, as well as having their team photo taken with four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, Jeff Gordon.
A live auction was held and filled with items from celebrities, athletes and sports teams, along with a chance to win prizes through the "Pins for Pediatrics" game. Megan and three of her team members from the Diversity Program teamed up for the celebrity event that benefited the Riley Hospital for Children.
Megan said, "It was truly a very busy day, but I honestly can't remember having as much fun as I did today. The Women in The Winner's Circle is always an event that I look forward to every year. It is truly an honor to be asked to participate. Lyn does so much in an effort to try and help females in racing and we are fortunate to have her on our side. This year was the first year for Drive for Diversity Program to have a team in Jeff Gordon Celebrity Bowling Tournament and I was thrilled to have been asked to participate. It was a blast to team up with three of my Diversity Teammates and Mr. Jadotte. I realize I'm a better racer than bowler, but it was for a great cause and put an end to a great day."
- Reitenour, tested an ARCA car with Venturini Motorsports at Tri-County Speedway in Hudson, NC. Venturini Motorsports has competed in the ARCA/ReMax Series for over 25 years and is a well known and well respected team, known by most as the powerhouse in the industry today. To date Venturini Motorsports has collected rookie of the year honors, two championships, 15 wins, 15 poles, 104 top fives and 199 top tens. They now focus on producing a top-caliber driver development program for top NASCAR Series teams.
I want to continue to get as much experience as I can in a heavier body stock car, in an effort to prepare me for the next journey of my career. I would like to thank Mr. Billy Venturini and his team for working with me and I would like to thank my marketing team, MPM Marketing and my partners, Haus Builders, CompCal, Nestor Insurance, PR Image Design, Fox Motors and Impact Racing for their assistance as well.
Reitenour tested a ARCA car, 3400 lbs. 800 hp engine, formally used in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. This was the first time for Reitenour in this type of race car which she once again proved she was up for the challenge. Megan had five consecutive runs consisting of scuff session, mock qualifying and intermediate runs. Mr. Venturini said, "Megan did an excellent job today. She was consistent, has great car control and listens extremely well, all things that a car owner and team look for in a driver. We look forward to seeing what the future holds for her."
Reitenour couldn't have been more pleased with the performance. "The opportunity came up with Venturini Motorsports and I jumped at the offer to do it. I concentrated on my car control and being as smooth and consistent as I could. You really have to back up your corners in these cars, they are much different than racing a late model stock. I learned a lot and had a lot of confidence in working with one of the best teams in ARCA. Billy Venturini has worked with several drivers and helped them progress all they way up into the top ranks of NASCAR, which is where I want to be.
- Megan Reitenour partnered with her former team, Nesbitt Racing Enterprises for two races in the Super Cup Stock Car Series. This series is what Reitenour competed a full season in last year where she had an impressive seasons with 9 top five finishes and 10 top ten finishes in 10 events. Reitenour finished second in the points series by only seven points, and won rookie of the year honors.
Reitenour said, "It was great to work with my old team again. I was glad it worked out with my schedule and I was happy to be able to compete at A&G Coals request. I love the support the crowd has shown me at Lonesome Pine and I really like that style of race track, banked and fast. I also learned a lot from racing in the series last year and I like keeping my heavier car experience."
Reitenour again piloted the No. 92 A&G Coal Ford Fusion at Lonesome Pine Speedway in Coeburn, VA. The day started off with a drivers autograph session and picnic for A&G Coal employees and then with "Keeping the Lights On" slogan of the company, the race began. Reitenour had two consecutive top five finishes, leaving her to finish second and third for the feature events.
Drive for Diversity is the industry's leading development program for minorities, female drivers and crew members. The program supports drivers in two of NASCAR's developmental series, NASCAR Camping World Series and the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series. Drive for Diversity also supports crew member candidates through a four-year pit crew training program. The Drive for Diversity program helps to further diversify NASCAR's participant and audience base and has been successful in creating meaningful opportunities for minority and female competitors and has seen growth since its inception in 2004. In 2009, the program has expanded to include 12 drivers and 14 crew members. To learn more about the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Program or to join Megan's channel on the site go to www.d4d.tv.